Monday, October 8, 2007

The Shakes

So, in bed the other night, I was suddenly awakend by a strange shaking feeling... I sat up and my window was rattling and the ground was moving - I didn't think I was crazy. It was just after 3am, so I hadn't put it past me that I was just imagining it and went back to bed.

I went to work the next day and asked my students and my boss if they had felt anything. Everyone said that they had not. Now, not one to give up, I decided to look further into things. After searching the internet and trying to find some source for earthquake information, I found a great site: www.tenki.jp/qua/index.html

Without knowing Japanese, you can still look at the map, and see the most recent earthquake to hit Japan! Sometimes it's updated by the minute, if it's a busy quake day. Since I've been here I have felt 3 quakes, but the one at night was the strongest I have felt yet. Here's the proof! My house is a bit to the right of the white X

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Furious said...

Hmmm I imagine Japanese people are used to it enough not too notice that much.

Caelan said...

Ummm... I agree. Absolutley no argument here! haha

Unknown said...

i am going to mail you so many things.
how much is postage to japan?
i have like, 6 stamps in my bathroom.

Gorrozolla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gorrozolla said...

Oh Caelan. You are going to love living near those rice fields before planting season too!!! They pour kerosene on them all and set them on FIRE!!! At the same time!!! To put life back into the earth!!! Smoke for as far as the lungs can cough. Seriously. If you can take vacation time. Do it during this time.